Is Samsung A51 worth buying?
As one of the most notable mid-range devices in 2020, Samsung Galaxy A51 has quite a lot of advanced features to offer for a reasonable price. Made of a unique material known as “Glasstic”, a premium version of plastic that adds a little glossiness to the overall build. Coming in a massive size of 6.5 inches, this Android phone is powered by the Exynos 9611 octa-core chip, paired with a 4GB, 6GB, or 8GB of RAM.
Instead of LCD, the Samsung Galaxy A51 uses an OLED screen with 1080p resolution. Colours are bright and vibrant. On the top of the screen is a hole-punch camera cutout in the centre. The screen is where the in-display fingerprint sensor is engineered in, which is quite accurate and decent. At the back of the phone is a quad-camera system. As with many Android phones out there, the power and volume buttons are situated on the right side of the device. At the bottom of the device is a USB Type-C port that supports 15W fast charging and Q. Next to the port is a 3.5mm headphone jack for connecting external devices or audio gadgets.
As for the quad-camera, the Galaxy A51 houses a 48MP f/2.0 main camera, a 12MP f/2.2 ultra-wide camera, a 5MP f/2.4 macro lens, a 5MP f/2.2 depth camera, as well as a 32MP selfie camera with an f/2.2 aperture. The camera module does a great job of maintaining natural colours and light in photos, with a strong emphasis on colours like blue and green. The bokeh effect in portrait photos is decent, although it could use a tad bit of improvement on presenting a more natural look of the object especially facial features.
Packing a 4,000mAh battery, the smartphone can last for about 29 hours in idle mode, which exceeds the minimum requirement of standard battery capacity. When the battery is fully consumed, it can be recharged fully in a little over two hours with its 15W fast charger. That said, the fast charging capability can be further improved as many Android mid-rangers today like Xiaomi Mi 9T and Realme X2 support 18W and 30W fast charging respectively.
Overall, the Samsung Galaxy A51 offers a stunning screen, cameras that are up to scratch, and decent build quality. While refinements can be made on certain features, the smartphone should suffice for everyday tasks and some multitasking.
What are the specs of the Samsung Galaxy A51?
- Release Date: December 2019
- Screen Size: 6.5 inches (87.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 73.6 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 172 g
- Body: Glass front (Corning Gorilla Glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels (~405 ppi density)
- Aspect ratio: 20:9
- Display Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Operating System: Android 10, One UI 2.1
- Processor: Exynos 9611 (10nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Quad Camera: 48MP f/2.0 (wide) PDAF + 12MP f/2.2 (ultrawide) + 5MP f/2.4 (macro) + 5MP f/2.2 (depth)
- Main Camera Features: LED Flash, Panorama, HDR
- Front camera: 32MP f/2.2
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh, Fast battery charging 15W
- Colours: Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White, Prism Crush Blue, Prism Crush Pink
- RAM: 4GB RAM, 6GB RAM, 8GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-the-Go
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack: Yes
- Sensors: Under-display fingerprint sensor (optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Can Samsung A51 charge wirelessly?
The Samsung Galaxy A51 does not support wireless charging. However, its 15W fast charging support allows the phone to charge to 30 percent in 30 minutes, and fill the battery juice to 100% in 2 hours.
Is Samsung A51 waterproof?
No, the Samsung Galaxy A51 is not certified with an IP rating to prove the device is water-resistant, which explains why the smartphone’s price falls in the affordable range. If you would like to get an IP certified water-resistant phone, opt for Samsung flagship phones such as the Galaxy S10, S20, Note 10, and Note 20.
What is the price of Samsung Galaxy A51 in Singapore?
Samsung Galaxy A51 Price in Singapore
Upon its release in Singapore, the Samsung A51 price in Singapore is S$ 476. The latest price of Samsung Galaxy A51 starts from S$348 for the 128GB storage variant, available on Qoo10.
Where can I buy Samsung Galaxy A51 in Singapore?
Aside from Samsung physical stores, you can obtain the Galaxy A51 online at a fraction of its original price from trusted e-marketplaces such as Lazada, Qoo10, and Shopee.